April 21, 2010

Hellooo from the absent blogger. Not sure where the time is flying but it is gone. I have not been overly creative much to my dismay. I have been playing with my stuff though, but more trying things out that creating.

This is a Mother's Day card, my mother-in-law loves birds so I try to use them as a focus when I can. This picture highlights the brown in around the focal image quite a bit but it really does not stand out that way in real life. I have been using Doublemates cardstock, it is doublesided with coordinating colors on each side with no white center for my layers.

The flower is a 2-D design, I used Sizzex flower #4 die cut to create. The first layer is the Chocolate malt cardstock with the second layer DP, I used foam tape in between. For the circle dies I used Spellbinders Nestabilites, Circle and Circle Scallops.

I added Kaiser Craft pearls to finish it all off, I though they matched the lace ribbon nicely.


Supplies: cream and chocolate malt cardstock, Designer paper-Enchanted whimsical-Upsy Daisy Designs, Inkadinkado – Sparrow, Kaisercraft – Pearls, lace ribbon.

Cheers,

Nina

2 comments:

  1. She is sure to love it - elegant and tastefully created as always. Makes me puuf up with pride for you!

    Love, Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so dainty and soft looking.... way to go Nina...your mother in law will love it .
    Have a great weekend

    Hugs
    Judy

    ReplyDelete