December 6, 2010

A big Happy Birthday wish to couple of wonderful Forsyth boys. Have a wonderful day Bill and Barry, I hope you are both spoiled today.

Sometimes a simple look just works, I tried to catch the shimmer and sparkle of the cattails in this picture. I know that cattails are not suppose to sparkle but in my world they are beautiful so why not let them shine. I first created the Cattails by using Flower Soft Wire and rolled the end of the wire in Flower Soft high tack glue, then rolled it in a mix of Gold and Nut brown Flowersoft and glitters pressing softly to make it all stick before it could dry. I stamped the image then created a small hole that I fed the wire through it so that it was hidden, I used tape on the back to hold it in place. I coloured the rest of the image with a mix of Tombow markers and Spica Glitter markers.



Supplies: Cream cardstock, brown mulberry, K&Company-Recycled Earth brown Mat Pad, LasVegas stamps-Cattails, The Artful Stamper-Happy Birthday, Flower Soft-Gold and Nut Brown, Jewel Glitter Ritz-Sahara and Bronze, Flower Soft wire.

As I was getting ready to post this, I realized that I had forgotten to take pictures of some card that have already gone out in the mail, it must have been one of my many scatterbrain days.

I am hoping to post something for Mojo later.

Cheers,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Nina!! You are very creative. Good job on the cattails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is just TOO CLEVER!

    I love how you did these, and actually on some mornings when its all frosty outside they DO glitter. Not as nicely as yours, niether, I say.

    So amazing, thanks for sharing Sis!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening Nina:)
    Whew! Have you been busy!!:) LOVE all of your cards!!! I have several made but still haven't done the insides of them yet..This year seems to be soo busy for me.
    I bet your classes are so FUN and informative too! I for one have always learned better with "hands on" experience.:)
    Happy belated birthday to your dear brothers! Seems it was just last year I wished them a Happy Birthday at this time.:)Hope they each had a marvelous day!

    Thanks for sharing your lovely cards with us and how you made them.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete