December 30, 2010

Boy did I make a mess today as I was making a card for Mojo Monday. I thought that this square card it would be perfect for a Valentine’s Day card.


I started with some beautiful designer paper from a DWCV matstack, then worked everything else around it. The designer paper is covered in pretty flocking that gives the whole card a textured look.

I finished with a heart die cut that I pressed into Versamark then sprinkled with Ranger Red Tinsel Embossing powder. I did the same with the small hearts that are from a small punch I have had forever. The embossing power has a nice sparkle that does not really show with this image.

This is the sketch.


 And my card..





The center square is popped up with foam tape and the heart has two layers as well. I used the Slice- Holiday Expressions for the BeMine, I used a thin black paper with sparkles in it for extra effect.

Supplies: Natural Ivory and tan cardstock, Designer paper – Misc gold and DCWV-La Creme matstack, Slice-Be Mine die cut, Spellbinders-Decorative Photo corners, Stampin' Up!-circle punches, Ranger Red Tinsel Embossing powder, misc red ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Ohh lala, you make me itch to get into my embossing stuffs. Your pattern almost resembles houndstooth in a way - perfect for a valentines for a fella. Love the black white and red combo - very attractive overall. Talented you. And yes, the photo does not do it justice I am sure!

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I should of got a card ready...yours is beautiful ..that is a good idea Valentines...

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete