December 7, 2010

I took a class at one of the local Scrapbook Stores a few weeks ago, I think the cards we made are pretty stunning. The Technique is using Embossing Paste and Stencils. I have seen cards done similar to this before but I was pretty happy to find out how it was done.


Some steps had already been done for us such as cardstock cut and spritzed. The brown cardstock was spritzed with gold sheer Shimmer Spritz and this was the first time I have used a gold Leafing pen, I am pretty impressed with the look.

We were recommended to use a Spellbinders Magnetic Spacer under a piece of paper to hold the stencil in place, and it worked like a charm. I used a plastic putty spatula to apply the paste, I then carefully pealed the stencil away and sprinkled warm highlights glitter on it then set it aside to dry. It took about and hr to dry. We were told that all the sentiments stamps were from a retired Heritage Farms set(I would have bought it in a hearbeat).


Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Dreamweaver Embossing paste, Heritage Farms Merry Christmas, Dreamweaver stencil-Bare Trees,Krylon-18kt Gold Leafing Pen.

I did feel a bit rushed, what card class isn't but I would have like to clean up the edges and such before putting it all together. I used this stencil for one of my Christmas cards.


We did a set of 4 cards in the class, and to try to post every day I will share over the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Nina

1 comment:

  1. (mouth hanging open)

    This card is STUNNING - honestly its something you would want hanging on a canvas in my front room. So stark yet beautiful. Simple, lovely. Wow!

    Love,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete