March 14, 2011

Happy Mojo Monday - What a fabulous sketch. I was determined to make an Easter card, I was suppose to start them this weekend but did not get the chance. I am quite happy with the way my card turned out today.

I had a rough idea what I wanted to do with this card when I peaked a the sketch this morning. I started with Memory Box-Minuet collection. I wanted to use an egg as my focal point so I used some navy embossing powder and embossed the egg twice, once to cut it out the second to cut around with some Fiskars detail scissors.  I used some very pretty glitter floss to attach my button to ribbon, I tied it too tight and it warped the bow but I like how it turned out.

I just purchased a texture plan from Stampin' Up!-Perfect Details, it added a nice subtle pattern on the second layer. I lightly edged the layer with Atlantic Versa color and  I finished with some pearls on the egg's little flowers.


Supplies: Cream and Green cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Box, The stamps of Life-eggs2hunt, Sheer creations ribbons, Kaisercraft-pearls, misc button, navy embossing powder and Sterling glitter floss.

Have a great week.
Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. EGGCELLENT Sister, This is so soft and pretty. Everything "goes" and tis perfect. I am getting an urge to go all Easter too! Thanks for some good ideas.

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nina! It is soft and pretty!!
    I sure enjoy that you get into the season cards.
    Hope you have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the card Nina ...have great week.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Nina:)
    What a PRETTY card!!LOVE the button on the bow and the pearls in the center of the flowers on the egg.The texture on your second layer too!!I agree with Barb..everything works!!:)Thanks so much for the Easter idea too.I have a feeling you started something.LOL

    Have a FANTASTIC DAY!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is super adorable -- love it!!

    ReplyDelete