June 15, 2011

As our beloved Canucks battle in the background, I figured it would be a good time for me to tackle 2 challenges in one go.
The first one is #50 Challenge from Papercraft Star, this is my first go at a Papercraft Star challenge. The Challenge This Week:

Use the letters "S", "T", "A", "R" as inspiration for your project (i.e. "S" for sentiment, "R" for ribbon, etc.,)

I figured I had most of those down with the exception of A, my boys were determined for me to put an Armadillo on the card?? ? right.. because they are so abundant in British Columbia. They did make a good argument however instead, I tried to make my band of ribbon look like a road of Asphalt.... am I stretching it :) well if that fails I can always say I used Adhesive, although I would be surprised if someone said they put it all together with bubblegum.

So the breakdown:

“S” Stripes, stamp and sentiment
“T” Travel, turquoise
“A” Asphalt, adhesive
“R” Ribbon.

Did I make it??

The second challenge is Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge #15. I realized when I peeked at the site today that I must have posted my last one late. Oh well, I still plan to go back and do 1 thru 12 at some point.

This is the sketch:


This is my card, I know the buttons are extra but apparently I love my buttons. Simple enough, I layered striped DCWV Linen Closet designer paper on brown cardstock. I embossed the stamped motorcycle then edged it and layered it. I layered the ribbon base before adding the ribbon trying for a highway look with the multiple dotted lines :) in my mind anyway. I stamped and embossed the sentiment, then finished with Sizzlits buttons embossed with clear embossing powder and threaded with embroidery floss.


Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-DCWV, Stampin’ Up!-Motorcycle, TPC Studio-Brush Stroke greetings, Sizzlits buttons, Offray ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

7 comments:

  1. great job and i think you did a wonderful job on the ashphalt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina...this is SOO COOL..and it DOES look like a road with the ribbon!!How CLEVER!! LOVE IT!! I LOVE buttons too!:)It gave your card an added punch..if you ask me.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holey Kamoley sister deer deer - you make more cards than me and its not like I have more time than you or anything silly like this. Not complaining here - just an observation.

    I think you shoulda tried an armadillo - I think they are cool, I'm with the boys.

    You did a terrific take on the card and I love buttons too! I think we cut a few out when I visited, will have to do that. I think the ribbon does suggest a highway though I would not have got it unless you had told me.

    I'll make a good effort to come more often. Coz I love you. So there.

    Hugs,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! I love that stamp (I have it too)! Great masculine card. I think the ribbon looks like asphalt so go with it! :) Thank you for playing along with us at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. way to go Nina ...love the card ..girl you are so talented...have a great Friday

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Love the asphalt! And I think that the button is perfect too! Thank you for playing the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've won the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge with this card. Please email me your email address and I'll send you your 1 Free month of The Paper Society!

    ReplyDelete