August 24, 2011

365 Cards Challenge- Day 177- Album Inspired:

Today's challenge is a lot like an ad inspired challenge, except we're using an album to inspire our cards.

This is the album cover:


I had all sorts of idea's for this card, in the end I created little button-like embellishments with leaves to emulate them on a kite string fluttering in the air, I added rolling hills at the base of the card and some words of wisdom that I associated with the above image.. to deep with my thinking? In the end I liked how the card turned out :).

Click the image to see the card in more detail.


Supplies: Cream and turquoise cardstock, Designer Paper-My Mind's Eye, Inkadinkado-Creative Words, EK Success-Mini Punches, Sew Easy fancy floss.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. Hay Sister,

    I am breathless with excitement - you really got artistic on this one - I LOVE it. Its intriguing and inspiring. I love every thing about it, the paper, the stamps, the kite!

    Only thing I wish is we could have worked on our cards at the same time.

    ♥ B'Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pretty piece! I love the little button embellies.

    ~ Ü ~ Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card nina! Love the paper and the color combo you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card and the paper you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Thanks for explaining how you were inspired by the album cover and for creating such a beautiful piece! Thanks too for playing in the 365 Cards challenge and I hope to see ya again!
    Aloha, Kim Mc
    365 Cards DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh...That's VERY pretty!! The paper is awesome!

    ReplyDelete