August 27, 2011

Happy Saturday, a new card combining two challenges and more excitement.

My card from the 365 Card Challenge -Day 171 was chosen for Spotlight Designer. Here is a little more information from the 365 Card Challenge site:

Spotlight Designers

For each Sunday-Saturday period, the Design Team will select 7 cards (one from each day) that we would like to acknowledge for the respective designers' talent and creativity.  The entire group of 7 earns a Spotlight Designers credit and can post the corresponding badge, which can be found in the sidebar, to their blogs.”

Now for the new challenge, I am still a day behind at 365 Cards Challenge and I do hope to fix that today, but yesterday's challenge first.

Day 179-The challenge is called Boy Meets Girl, and here's why:

“Use girly papers and make a card for a little boy, or take paper suitable for a little boy and make a card for a girl.  It's that simple.”

"This week we are looking to see your Back to School Something's. The kids will soon be heading back and summer fun will be over, but let's celebrate getting back to school with some cards and scrapbook pages or even teacher gifts." 

I wanted to be practical about this challenge, so I combined it with the Stamp Something challenge-Back to School Somethings. I decided to do a card for my son, I realize he is not a little boy... he is my baby though. This is a big year for him, his final year of high school, I think everyone in our house is a little nervous and excited so why not celebrate with a card.

To cover my Boy meets Girl challenge, I used a bright green glitter paper as a layer in the card and match it with a pretty sheer green ribbon. I am sure he will forgive me... sometime J. for the both the card and calling him my baby. In truth I like how the card turned out.



I found this great image on a website called Guild Tales. I used Microsoft word to print the sentiment, and both images, the little element of a pen is from Word clip art, then all glossed up with a couple layers of clear embossing powder.

Supplies: Kraft cardstock, Designer Paper- Reflections Signature, TPC Studio, Microsoft Word, Guild Tales image, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sis,

    This graphic is perfect. Did I comment already? If I did, forgive me, if I did not ... whew! haha.

    I don't know where to start - there's so many cool touches. I think its fab how you print to MS word, I never think to play in there!

    Well thats my 2cents - (puffing up with pride at your awards - congrats!)

    Love ya,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!! It's FANTASTIC!! LOVE IT!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete