August 8, 2011

I am loving the sunny hot days in the Okanagan, even better that I am spending time with family. We headed down across the border to Omak today, we did not find much in the way of craft supplies but we did have an amazing lunch at Rancho Chicos.

We also pick up a previously shipped order down in Oroville of Blonde Columns cardstock from The Paper Company. I use this as a card base for most of my cards however Michaels in Canada no longer carries it. So my brother in law orders it for me and I get it as a gift when I arrive. This time it was 2 packs of 100, I have to be careful of drool as I would not want the cardstock to get damaged :)

We found it was a little to warm outside when we got home so we decided to head downstairs to the crafting heaven in the basement to tackle Mojo Monday 203, what a fabulous sketch. Once again I was foraging in my sisters supplies and I think I found some great materials for this card.

Today's Mojo Sketch:
I still managed to entertain my fascination with embossed buttons, the circles and scallop were cut out on my sisters Silhouette (thank you Barb) and then I embossed them with clear embossing powder. The little pearls were stripped from some ribbon that had it as edging. Fabulous photos by Barb Derksen.

Barb has posted some amazing templates and Silhouette files on her blog.. for free, be sure to stop by and take a peak. Barb has also been very active with her cardmaking, and her blog has a ton of inspirational items to get your craft mojo triggered.


Supplies: Cream and turquoise cardstock, Designer Paper-Memory Skor, The Stamps of Life-Thanks2you, Fiskars border punch, Scalloped circle and small circles- Barb Derksen, misc lace, pearls and thread.

Cheers,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Nina:)
    I LOVE your card!!!Love the way you make your buttons too.They really add a lot to the card...and you can always match them ...cause they are made from the papers you are using on the card.:)COOL!


    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Nina! That looks like some beautiful paper. Glad to hear that the two of you are having a wonderful visit.

    ReplyDelete