August 17, 2011

A quick card challenge post. This is for Cards for Men-Challenge #17 Anything Goes and a second try at Mojo Monday.

Isn't this stunning paper, I found a small stash of musical paper at one of the stores in Kelowna. I love the gold foil music notes and the background colour almost looks like crushed velvet or suede. I though the current Mojo Monday sketch would be perfect for this card. The challenge for Cards for Men did not have any requirements other then it be for man or boy. This card (shhh) will be for my brother in laws birthday in Oct. I know my sister will not say a word..... right big sis.

I used my Sure Cuts A Lot software to cut the large music note with my Cricut twice, the first cut was with brown cardstock the second with a Be Creative Tape sheet. I followed my sister Barb's example by ultra fine glitter to the emelishment and popped it up on a layer of brown cardstock for a 2D look. I love how Samantha used folded ribbon on her Mojo card so I tried that as well. I made some glue dots with Tombo multi glue and glitter for the finishing touch.


Supplies: Kraft and Brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Penny Black, Sure Cuts A Lot, My Creative Tape Sheet, Jewel Glitter Ritz, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. Great card Nina! I'm sure your card will be greatly appreciated and how fitting :)
    Wonderful paper as well i love the foil mix in it.

    Thanks for all of your wonderful comments :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow awesome card and |I know he will love it ...love the paper Nina what a find.

    have a great week.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card Nina,love that big musical note...and mums the word (hehe).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card,love the music note and papers...Thanks for sharing with us at Cards for Men hope to see you next time....
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. KAMOLEY Sister,

    Lookie YOU - I go away for three days and you go zonkers with cards.

    I ♥ the music note, giving me ideas you are you are! (shielding the screen from someone musical in this household) Can't wait to see it in person. I don't think we appreciate how fine that glitter is until you actually SEE it!

    Clever you, I'm proud of you for cutting out the sheet!

    Love you,
    Sis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at Cards for Men and good luck.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete