September 1, 2011

Gone Fishing for a So Unusual 365 Card Challenge tossed in with a little bit of Cards for Men.

First Challenge is for 365 Card Challenge-Day 185-So Unusual-Create an unusual card shape - otherwise anything goes.

The second Challenge is for Cards for Men-Challenge 18-G is for....For my card it is a double G of Gone Fishing and Green.

I knew from the start that I wanted to make a fish shaped card. My sister Barb created this fabulous big mouth bass shape for me, I printed it out then traced it then cut the folded card. I then traced two additional shapes and trimmed them till they created slight layers. The multi layer fly was free on SVGcuts today, how is that for good karma. I cut that with my Sure Cuts A Lot software and my Cricut.



I added some sparkly bead thread as fishing line, then stamped Catch of the Day. I figure I can add just about any sentiment to the inside on the fly... like that on the fly.

I finished by adding a little Diamond Glaze to the fly, and coloring the hook with a brown glitter marker and also added a little glitter marker to the sentiment.

Supplies: Kraft and green cardstock, Designer Paper-Karen Foster Designs, Close to my Heart-Catch of the Day, Barbara Derksen-Wide mouth bass, SVGcuts-Fly, Bead thread-Walmart

Cheers,
Nina

8 comments:

  1. I wonder if I commented already. Sure bet I did, Sis. Well if I did your worth two comments anyways.

    What a creative card - a fisher-person will be sooo touched you made this. Its wonderful, and your hand cutting is precise.

    Yep, I know we cannot see all the full glittery shiny's on your cards. But I know its there because you said its so and every card I've had from you has magical touches here and there.

    I love compete-ing and creating with you.

    Love,
    B'Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a wonderful card, love the shape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As shapes go this one is unique indeed!
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. know some boys that will love getting that card for their b-days. Way to go and that sisterv of yours is very talented too.

    Have a great long weekend

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon Nina:)
    COOL card!! LOVE IT! Some fisher person will be THRILLED to receive this from you!!:) Wonderful job!!
    Have a FANTASTIC weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! This is so adorable! Nice paper, too!

    ~ Ü ~ Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I love the shape. Thanks for playing along with 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Nina! your so creative :)

    ReplyDelete