November 11, 2011

The Friday Mashup # 32

A quick second post for this Friday. There is a new Challenge posted on The Friday Mashup and I happily started working on this card first this morning.

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project featuring "A Girly Theme".
  2. Or Make a project using "Your Favorite Technique".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Girly project using your Favorite Technique".

I struggle a little with girly cards, but I think I almost made it :). I have been loving embossing this past little while so I used both heat embossing and an embossing folder.


I embossed the designer paper with an embossing folder, it is new so the impression was deep enough to go through the DP. I decided to give the card a little bit of a shabby look with some brown edging to enhance some of the small tears. I embossed the bottom portion of the DP with Frosted Glass embossing power to give a little variation in colour.

I heat embossed this cute flower three time then cut out the different layers and added foam tape between each layer to give it dimension.I finished with an embossed Hello.  Just before I posted my husband walked in and said nice card I like the dints.

Supplies: Natural white and brown cardstock, Designer Paper - Unknown, Verve stamps-Sunny Day, TPC-Cardmaking Hello, Cuttlebug folder, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

13 comments:

  1. Oh Sister,

    A touchy card. Can't wait for the day we can "feel" cards on our screens for yours would be amazing.

    I think you hit the girly on the head - very classy girl at that.

    Thanks for showing!
    Love,
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colors textures! Very nice pretty! ! Thanks for playing the Friday Mashup again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina- this card is so rich and elegant (very "girly"). Love all of the embossing- especially that lovely flower! Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina this is a beautiful card! You did a great girly card; it's floral, it's sweet... I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great result embossing the DP. Love your card and yes it passes for girly, the soft feminine swirls are very pretty.

    Thanks for joining us.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy card! Really gorgeous :)
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different embossing; it looks beautiful! I think it's a girly card...floral and a flower are girly to me! :) Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this CAS card! Very elegant, and the colors are great. Thanks for playing with us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the card Nina ...it goes great with Friday Mashup. Have a great day.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the dints too!!!hehe.Men!!LOL

    I agree with everyone here.LOVELY card Nina.:)Love how you did the flower too.Such a CUTE addition to your card.:)

    Thank you so much for telling us how you do your cards.Maybe some day I can be just like you!!:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Nina. I love the embossing you did and the natural white with the brown is just perfect.

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Nine.. I love the shabby chic look to it... You can never go wrong when you distress the edges I say. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete