February 19, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches and Mojo Monday

Good Afternoon,  I sat down to some card supplies this morning. I have not felt the least bit inspired over the last week and in fact enjoyed reading The Hunger Games Series instead... yup all three books since Thursday morning. So today I cleaned up the residual mess I had on my table to start with a clean slate to created and it felt fabulous.

The first card is for the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge, I did start this card yesterday but I am not all that happy with it.. maybe it is the colour.


 All that pink cannot be good, but have you looked at a picture of Strawberry Shortcut lately... everything is pink with some green tossed in here and there. I was a stretch for me to find enough shades to colour with to make this image work.  My colouring job is not the best either, my printer ink does not hold up were well to water colouring I did not get to blend as much as I wanted.

Supplies: Natural Ivory and green cardstock, Designer Paper-DCWV, Strawberry Shortcake image- Strawberryshortcut.com, embossing folders, misc ribbon and pearls.

The second card is for Mojo Monday, I think am cutting it pretty close time wise with both of these challenges.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Basic Grey, Inspired by Stamping-All Year Wishes II, Sizzix Die cuts, embossing folders, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. well I know how you feel struggle for a couple days ...but I have got a couple done ...still trying to put together the Mojo ...love you cards ...and yes Strawberries shortcake is lots of pink ...but your card looks awesome.

    have a great Monday ...

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute birthday card! Love the colors and that sweet little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its cute!!! The colors make me think summer is coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Nina.... love the strawberry paper and sweet lil image ... I think you did an awesome job with your colouring!
    So nice to have you join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I struggle with pink and I think you did great with it! Your coloring is wonderful. Glad you joined us at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete