June 18, 2012

Merry Monday #25

Happy Monday, it is time for a brand new Merry Monday Challenge.  This is the sketch Lesley has created for us.


I was a little on the lazy side when I created this card, I let the designer paper do all the work. I cut three layers of the DP poinsettia by hand and used foam tape between the layers to add dimention.  I used a complimentary paper for the top half of the card. I finished with some square gems and some ribbon.
 
Stop by Always Playing with Paper blog to see what wonderful creation the Lesley and the design team have created. We would love to see you play along.

Supplies: Cream and burgundy cardstock, Designer Paper-My Mind's Eye, Fiskars-Peace, Spellbinders die cuts,  Recollections gems, misc ribbon.

Cheers,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. Letting the DSP do all the work is not lazy, it is ingenious! Love that popped up poinsettia. Great to see you yesterday...dinner was yummy!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I LOVE to let the DP do most of the work! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't call cutting 3 layers of that beautiful flower being lazy, Nina! This card looks like it took a bit of time even if it didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the way the larger layered flower mirrors the dsp! Beautifully done, and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina I love the layering you did an awesome job. Love the paper...you pulled off a beautiful card for the challenge. Thanks for sharing

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! I love the popped poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE how you made that poinsettia with DSP!! I'm a patterned paper fanatic so I too love when I can let the paper do the work for me. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not lazy at all Nina - this is gorgeous and that poinsettia is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas eh?....hmmm I can only wish to be so organized. This is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete