August 20, 2012

Merry Monday #29

Whew it has been warm here in Victoria, I am not complaining because even though summer had a slow start I think this is the warmest summer I can remember in a long time and I love it. 

We have a new Merry Monday Challenge to share with you today. I am still working through my pile of scraps :)

I love this sketch and my card came together so easily. I will miss this paper when it is all gone, I am sure that My Mind's Eye will come out with something equally inticing for the new season.

I added some texture to the background then heat embossed the sentiment with Red Tinsel embossing powder and popped it up with foam tape. I finished with some ribbon and brown candy dots.
Supplies: Natural Ivory and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-My Mind's Eye, Fiskars-Season's Greetings, misc twine.
Stop by Always Playing with Paper  the Design Team members creations. We would love for you to play along with us for Merry Monday.
Cheers,
Nina

10 comments:

  1. So pretty, Nina! Love the red embossing with your pretty paper! Very festive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's amazing how you use decorative paper so elegantly! The texture on the back layer and the sparkle on the strips are perfect with the embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! That red tinsel EP really complements that beautiful paper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card for the sketch! Don't you love using up scraps and coming up with something this wonderful?
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is so pretty! That is great paper!! I am always torn about paper I love... if I don't use it, then I get to keep it, but what good is it if not used??!!?? :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. MME have such gorgeous papers and you've used them beautifully Nina. I'm amazed every time I read the blogs from the girls overseas - it's been the coldest winter in over 10 years here in Australia - I would love a little bit of warmth right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sis,

    This is a really attractive sketch and you've done it justice. You use lyaers in such wonderful ways - I can attest to the treat it is for the eyes AND the fingers to touch!

    Love you
    Big Sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Nina, thanks for your kind comments on my blog. So sweet of you. Your card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work Nina, love that glimmery ribbon and the music notes sure caught my eye! Lovely and Christmassy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card Nina. Love the notes and the embossing!

    ReplyDelete