October 15, 2012

Merry Monday #37

This weekend seemed to zoom on by again, it is Monday already :). The rain sure is making up for lost time, I am not complaining though as it is perfect nesting weather. My husband brought me a new Tassimo as an early birthday prezzie and I loved snuggling down with book and sipping a Vanilla Latte.
 
I have not looked at any count downs to Christmas but it is coming up quickly. Lesley has a new sketch for us for Merry Monday.
 
 
I was all over the place with this card, I think I have all the sketch elements just not anywhere they should be.  This new 6x6 Carta Bella paper pad arrived in the mail and I could not wait to make a card.
 
There are tons of layers to this card, the ovals are 3 layers deep and my new Dee Designs die cut is layered and popped up with foam tape.  I cut out a portion of the DP for the sentiment and added the twine. It was not until I finished the card that I realized I had forgotten the flag so I added a small one after the fact.  The card may be crazy busy but I like how it turned out.
 

 
Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-Carta Bella, Dee Designs-Die Cuts, misc twine, Spellbinders dies cuts, embossing folder, misc punch.

Stop by Always Playing with Paper to see what Lesley and the Merry Makers have created. We would love for you to play along with us for Merry Monday this week.

Cheers
Nina

14 comments:

  1. This card is gorgeous!! These DP's are wonderful and I really love the layers on the tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this turned out, Nina! What a wonderful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous ovals and tree! Love the paper too Nina. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your xmas tree ...wow all the cards I have missed are awesome ...one day I must get down for a lesson or two ....have a great week Nina.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty Christmas card, Nina! Love the tree and your pretty papers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your card! The tree is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been admiring your tree since I first saw it Nina, I love it so retro, fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sis,

    Your tree is amazing - its perfect framed with the circles - SO attractive!

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such a cute & whimsical little tree, and I love how you incorporated those trendy chevrons into the design too! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card - I hope you'll link up again this week at 52 Card Pickup!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/10/52-card-pickup-week-41-we-have-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card Nina, especically that whimsical tree.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog with your sweet comments. I am now a follower so I don't miss anymore of your amazing cards.

    ReplyDelete