November 15, 2012

New Pad

I can't resist posting this silly card I made for my son, he moved out on his own this past weekend and I wanted to send some mail to his new address.  I figure with almost a week gone by he is missing the 'free' food so I put a gift card for the local grocery store inside.
 
I have had this designer paper for a while and I thought it was fun enough to produce a smile when it is opened even for a young man.
 
I cut out one of the frogs and popped it up with foam tape then added some googly eyes. I printed the sentiment off the computer and finished with some twine and buttons made with circle punches.
 
Supplies: Natural White and black cardstock, Designer Paper-Basic Grey, twine, googly eyes, gems and misc gems.

Cheers,
Nina

4 comments:

  1. Nina, what a fun card and you have used my all time (now discontinued) papers by BasicGrey from the 'Be Silly' collection. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card!! I'm sure your son loved it!! (and the gift card, too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, and it is bitter sweet when they move out. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww..how SWEET!! I am sure he will LOVE it!! Mom's always make sure their kids have enough to eat!!:)What a WONDERFUL idea with the gift card!

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete