December 7, 2012

Playing In Paradise # 96 - Winter Birds

Happy Friday :), as this posts (I hope) I am enjoying a vacation in Las Vegas, I have to assume I am having a great time. 
 
It is time for a new Playing in Paradise Challenge and Jessi is our hostess. We are challenged to be inspired by Winter birds. I have to admit Cardinals or Whiskey Jacks are the winter birds that come to mind for me,  the second because we see them when we snowshoe at the Mt. Washington Resort here on the island every winter. Our outings are not quite the same without getting to feed the greedy Whiskey Jacks.
 
 
I have this adorable stamp though that I could not resist using. I added some texture to the background. The little bird is coloured with a Clear Star jelly roller for lots of sparkle, the center frame and buttons are popped up with foam tape.
 

 

Don't forget to stop by the Scrapbooker's Paradise Blog to see what the challenge team has created and to join in the challenge fun.

Supplies: Cream and brown cardstock, Designer Paper-My Mind's Eye, Stampendous-Peace Birdie, misc twine, circle punches, Spellbinders.

Cheers,
Nina

5 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colours you used, and that background is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fav card this week! Shh! Don't tell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card!!
    Enjoy your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love this little peace birdie! For me cardinals are the biggest thrill for winter birds, and the most frequent visitors we get are chickadees. We've got such friendly ones that often you can have them land on your hand to feed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nina, Love the depth of your background. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete