March 25, 2013

Merry Monday #55

I had the most wonderful weekend, we had a family reunion of sorts for my brother's birthday. It has been a very long time since we have all been together and it was fantastic. It was definitely nice to visit my hometown too, I am a small town girl at heart and it is nice to get away from the city once in a while.
 
Time for a new Merry Monday Challenge and Lesley has a Tic Tac Toe grid for us to work with.
 
 
I chose Animal, Die Cut and Red, isn’t this little penguin cute. I heat embossed the penguin in black and coloured his little heart with a glitter pen. I backed it with some die cuts from Spellbinders.
 
I found some chipboard buttons in my supplies that worked well with DP and  I heat embossed the sentiment and added a little silver glitter marker to the bulb. I finished with twine and some gems.
 
 
Supplies: Natural white and burgundy card stock, Designer Paper – Carta Bella,  The Alley Way Stamps – No Peeking and Jolly Holiday, twine, Spellbinders, misc chipboard button and gems.
 
Stop by Lesley’s blog, Always Playing with Paper to see what the Design Team has created.  Join us and play along, it is never to early to get a start on this year Christmas cards.
 
Cheers,
Nina


11 comments:

  1. Your little penguin image is just the sweetest, Nina! Love your papers and your chipboard button!
    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this penguin, Nina! Love that you gave him a glittery heart! Love that chipboard button too. I'm glad you were able to get together with your family. Those are the best times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a great weekend so nice to see all. Love your card the penguin is do cute . Have a great week

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nina! Well it has been a while since i have left you some love:) I do poke my nose in every once in a while but never leave comments....bad me :)
    I love your card it is beautiful....i love every single one of your cards. All though it has been a very long time since i have done a card your cards still continue to inspire me and make me miss my time getting to craft.
    Hope you have a fabulous week and a great long weekend that is ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card, Nina! I love your little penguin and the pretty paper that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card Nina!! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous papers....I just ordered some Carta Bella Christmas papers to add to my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, and I just love that sweet penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute little penguin! Love the expression on his face! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a cute little penguin Nina! I always love the papers you use too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable penguin Nina, sweet card.

    ReplyDelete