April 19, 2013

Playing in Paradise #113

Happy Friday Everyone, I am so happy that it is the weekend. We have a new Playing in Paradise challenge for you today. Dawn is our hostess this week and the challenge is to 'Use something Recycled.
PPC 113
 
I wanted a nice study tag so I dug into my recycle bin and pull out an All Bran bars box :). The tag has three layers, the center is cardboard with two pieces of water colour paper glued on either side with Mod Podge.
 
I used a brayer to lay down base colour then stamps the wildflowers. I then used distress ink to add the musical script.  I punched out three layer of circles two are cardboard and the third is watercolor paper. I heat embossed it with Frosted Glass embossing power to give it sparkle.
 
I finished with sentiment, and added the button with some twin, the last step was adding ribbon.
 
Add caption
 Supplies: Recycled cardboard, watercolour paper, Stacy Stamps-Solid Wildflowers, GStudio-bold flower, The Stamps of Life-ladybugs2love, twine, ribbon.
 
Stop by the Scrapbooker’s Paradise blog to see what the challenge team has created, play along with us for the challenge and you could win a prize.

Cheers,
Nina


7 comments:

  1. Thanks Nina Love the different shades of blue with the stamp overlay....of course, now I will have to start saving the cereal box cardboard too, LOL.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo I LOVE it! Love the brayered blues, the PERFECT button, the stamping ... love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag!! Cereal box huh?! I think I will go and 'shop' my recycle box now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Nina. I love the blues and all the stamping, and I love that it all started with a cereal box. How clever!

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cereal boxes are the best chipboard - and I know my kids could practically live off of it. There is always an empty box here somewhere :)
    I really love the mix of blues & that wildflower stamp is gorgeous! Have a fabulous weekend, Nina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty!! Great re-use of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Nina:)
    I think I have finally caught back up with your card posts. You already know that I LOVE THEM ALL!!:)Thank you so much for sharing your ideas with me!

    I LOVE your tag. You did a LOT to make it perfect and you certainly accomplished that.:)

    Hope you are having an AWESOME weekend my friend.:)

    Hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete