September 16, 2013

Merry Monday #75

Happy Monday it is time for a new  Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge, Lesley has posted another wonderful image for this weeks challenge inspiration.
 
  

I am never sure about vanilla, it always looks like cream to me sooo I used a cream/vanilla cardstock for the base of this card and the base of the sentiment, I used mostly red designer paper for the two panels that are backed by a dark brown card stock.  The sentiment is heat embossed with brown embossing powder.
 
 
I used my Cricut to cut out a snowflake in dark brown themn used a glue pen to scribble on it and added red and gold glitter embossing powder. I finished with a glitter dot in gold.

Supplies: Vanilla and brown card stock, Designer Paper - Echo Park, Cricut - Snowflake, Stampendous - Christmas Wishes, Gold and Red glitter embossing powder, gold glitter dot
 
Join us, head over to the Lesley's blog  and see all the beautiful Design Team creations and take the challenge.

Cheers,
Nina
 
 


11 comments:

  1. Pretty card. I like how you did the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nina. LOVE the way you've scribbled glue on your snowflake and then added the red and gold glitter - so clever. Will have it give it a try - thank you for the inspiration! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nina, I love how you did that snowflake and the large sentiment! Pretty papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina your snowflake is fabulous and perfectly echoes those on the background paper. The elegant sentiment sets the card of beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, Nina! I love your sparkly snowflake and your paper! Perfect holiday card!
    Have a wonderful week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for the inspiration! what a clever idea to use the glue pen and the different glitter!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet that snowflake looks stunning in real life! This is a beautiful card, Nina and I really like that sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a simple, elegant, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww... Nina ..you are making me want to start Christmas cards again! Hugs!

    I LOVE what you have done with this one and the ones you have been posting.I don't get here as often as I would like..but when I do..I am INSPIRED!! :)

    Huge hugs,
    Valinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a very pretty card, Nina! Love your glittered snowflake! It looks wonderful with the snowflake patterned paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Nina. I like the DSP and how you created the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete