October 25, 2015

A walk in the park

I am back.. after a nice big breakfast this morning my husband and I decided to explore one of the local parks. I will share a few photos a little later in the post.


First of all though, as I was going through the comments for this week Merry Monday's challenge I found a link to a new to me challenge.

This is the little note card I came up with using the super cute image from the challenge. My colouring is not blended the best, my printer ate the last of my watercolour paper so I had to use some that piles if you blend too much :(


First of all I printed the image off and fussy cut the pumpkin, coloured it and added a touch of Wink of Stella added a bit of foam tape and put it aside.







I then started layering from the bottom up using a mix of die cuts and punches for all these squares, I added a touch of twine and gems before added some foam tape to the back of the center panel then put it all together.

Supplies: White and brown card stock, Designer Paper - Authentique, Gerda Steiner Designs - Hedgehog, twine, misc punches and die cuts, gems.

Now as promised here are a few pictures from our walk this morning. The sun was playing hide and seek in the clouds, for Oct it is still warm out and I am not even sure we have had our first frost yet.



I love these types of trails, thin and not really groomed. In the hr and bit we were out we only encountered about 6 people, love it!


I have at least 10 different photos of fungus and interesting mushrooms from along the way, these were all over a tree that unfortunately has insects snacking away on it. A bear or other large critter had feasted in areas removing bark to get to the bug (probably termites).


There are areas in the park that will have small flooded areas when we get lots of rain so there are these small raised walkways.



Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

1 comment: