December 3, 2015

Congrats - Baby Girl

My goal in the next few months is to adjust a few things in my craft room.
First is to get some new lighting, the room is not overly large but there are lots of shadows. The ceiling fixture is small and only takes 2 x 40 watt bulbs and it is horrible to work by and take photos. I have a couple of Ott lights but they just don’t cover enough. So a trip to the lighting store might being in my near future.
 
The second thing is I have two bookshelves that are way too old, way too ugly and they are brown. Ikea has these cabinets that are white with frosted style glass that I think would not only look good in the room but also brighten it up a bit. I had a few of the Alex style storage drawer sets and I think they would all look good together.
 
With all that said, I actually have a card to share today. The reason I mentioned the above is because a few or most of my cards has this light haze around the white areas (drives me crazy).  Most days this time of year the daylight is too dull for good pictures so I am stuck in my little room with my so so light tent.
Again with the babble.. the card.


I needed a baby card, in pink for the raffle basket. I created a CAS card, the background is a single layer cut out with a stitched die cut, the center panel is popped up with foam tape . I stamped and fussy cut the little stroller three time, with different papers. The sentiment is simple stamped and I finished with gems below the sentiment and on the  wheels.

Supplies: White Cardstock, Designer Papers - Echo Park, Lawn Fawn - Plus One, SS Stitched Rectangle, gems.


Thanks for stopping by,
Nina




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is just toooooo cute! I love how you used the gemstones on the wheels! Clever! As for the lighting, I feel ya, sister. I just moved into a new rental unit and purchased my very first pair of Ottlites. I LOVE them and they make photographing my cards indoors SO much easier.

    ReplyDelete