January 28, 2016

Family Challenge and Golden Butterflies

Good Morning and happy Thursday, my sister Barb surprised me with a mini care package in the mail and a Family Challenge to use the contents of the care package.

I thought it fitting then to case one of her cards. You can see that card HERE.

I went with a CAS layout. These butterflies come all connected so the alignment of them was easy enough on a piece of cardstock that was the vertical length of the card. I stamped the sentiment in black then add a back panel of gold paper.




The gold paper is interesting and I am not sure it can even be called paper, it is like a small sheet of thin golden elastic ribbon with an adhesive backing.

I added some foam tape to the back of the butterflies before placing back on the outline with wings up. I added some gems to add details to the bodies.

Supplies: Cream cardstock, Designer Paper - Gold, Papertrey Ink - Birthday Bash, Memory Box Leavenworth Butterfly trio, gems.

Barb and Judy are the other participants in this family challenge, be sure to stop by their blogs to see what they have created.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

2 comments:

  1. love your card its beautiful ,elegant, awesome. Can't wait for the next family challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Sister deer ;)

    Oh gracious, here we go again, being the same same! Same colors, and we both "cased" a card made by each other. Too funny - what are YOU wearing today haha - we probably look like twins.

    Your card is so pretty - love the stacking b-flies! I also like how you used the gold as "strips" on each side.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete