January 11, 2016

The Challenge #56

The theme for this weeks The Challenge is a colour inspiration, white, teal, orange and navy. I picked up some new colours of distress inks over the holiday season, what are the odds that  they will  be the colours of this challenge.



My husband made some comment about the Olympics when he saw it which had not really crossed my mind until he mentioned it now that's all I see.. :) I don't care though, I like the almost artsy result.


I tried using a nice cardstock that I received for Christmas, it is smooth and thick and should have been perfect. I have not really been one of those carders that struggled with cardstock.. until now. The blending tool would not glide on this cardstock at all. It was full on breaks as soon as it hit the paper, I was able to make it work in the end, more out of stubbornness than anything else but that is where the mix of circles comes into play.


I used the failed attempts to die cut the circles and added a bit more colour, even adding water to enhance the distressed look did not really work, lesson learned :). popped up some of the circles and added some sequins. I finished with a sentiment I head embossed in white on black cardstock.


Supplies: White and black cardstock, SS die cuts, sequins.

Stop by Always Playing with Paper and take a look a The Challenge, the design team had provided some spectacular inspiration.


Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

9 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of circles on cards, love how you used the challenge colors on your background and circles here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The circles make a great save, Nina! Love the arty background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...love your incredible and colorful circles! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Olympics. Great inspiration!! So sorry about your struggle with the cardstock; that is just so frustrating, but you've triumphed over any challenge you had with it. This turned out wonderfully. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nina, even if you had struggles, the final result is very stunning and beautiful! I read somewhere about cardmaking and art, there are no fails or mistakes --- you can always find something to use even in a piece with mistakes or what you think is a mistake or failure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the clean, graphic look of the design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Dear Neens,

    Thats unfortunate you struggled with the cardstock - each type is unique and sometimes its roulette using it for an actual project. However, your card is really neat! I think the Olympics inspiration from your Mr is brilliant.

    ♥ Sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous, graphic design! I hear you on those cardstocks, though. Some are just too tricky. Great end result here, though, and I really love that bold pop of black with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete