September 20, 2016

Retro Sketches #232

I spent a little time in the craft room last evening, and it felt fabulous. Some days by the time I have finished work, made dinner, lunches for the next day and on and on I feel drained.

My poor little craft supplies get sadly neglected and well nothing get created. It was one of those just get in there moments, a book in my ears and my sister on Google Hangouts - a little slice of heaven right there :).

I am playing along with the current Retro Sketches challenge.


Layers.. I love me some layers. I have this fun 6x6 Echo Park paper pad on my craft table right now that is full of fabulous fall prints.

I pulled out one of the die cuts I received with my new little gold 'bug' , I had to trim down some of the loops as was too big for the square card. I added a thin brown matt to each layer, and heat embossed the sentiment. I finished with some twine and pale blue dots.


Supplies: Cream and brown card stock, Designer Paper - Echo Park, Just Rite - Shabby Chic Autumn Leaves, Anna Griffen - die cut, SSS stitched rectangles, twine, dots.

Thanks for visiting,
Nina

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the colors and mix of patterns! Wonderful take on the sketch too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Retro Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun Sis, I can just see you stacking and layering to your hearts content. Wonderful paper choices and the twine is an excellent finishing touch. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and super pretty paper :)

    ReplyDelete