December 12, 2016

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #226

Good Morning, we have a new challenge over at Merry Monday Christmas card challenge, Lori is our hostess this week and her challenge is to Make a Christmas card with the theme "winter fun".


Did you have one of these sleighs growing up, I did. I can still remember my wet mittens sticking to the metal rails as I dragged it back up the hill for what must have been the 100th time.

We would end up changing mittens and snowpants half way through the day and might end up with bags in our boots because we had spent so much time out in the snow and they were soaked. Chaffed and wind burned cheeks was something to be proud of.



I stamped the faded text background then added a little distress ink to the edges, I used my Misti to stamp the sled image. The sentiment is heat embossed in brown. I added a layer of brown plain DP and finished with some soft twine.

Supplies: Cream and brown card stock, Designer Paper - Photoplay, Serendipity Stamps - Sled, Clearly Besotted - Brushed Greeting, Stampabilites - Faded Text Background, twine.

Visit the Merry Monday blog and play along with the challenge and the Design Team had some wonderful cards to share.

Thanks for stopping by,
Nina

6 comments:

  1. I love this Nina. It has a vintage look to it. Lovely.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved your memory as much as your lovely card! I wish I could have been sledding with you but I'm the OLD sister haha!

    What a warm and inviting graphic. Beautiful card Nina.

    Love Sis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your vintage sled in the brown tones, Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful card Nina! And you made me smile with the memory of the plastic bags in our boots...I had forgotten all about those! Hope you're having a great week!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. An awesome image, Nina! I remember those days when we could stay out all day and never minded the cold! It was such fun!

    ReplyDelete